Sunday, January 23, 2011

sMiLe...Layout using Wings Paper

This is a beautiful layout and YOU can make one too. Just come to my next scrapbook workshop. See below for all the details.
I will also be doing a card workshop on the same day for anyone who would rather make cards instead of a layout. And yes, you can do both if your heart desires. Save $2 if you do BOTH the card and the layout workshops.

Close to My Heart's (CTMH) Spring/Summer 2011 Idea Book (page 22) is where I first seen this layout. I fell in love with it and knew I had to create one for myself.

I used CTMH's Magic (a how to book) to create the other side of this layout. I brought a little "magic" to the page by using a pull-out journal space (see below for more details).

See...Magic! And you thought I created a layout with no journaling! The journaling reads:

Jaide the first time you sang this song I cried. And I still cry today when I hear you sing it. The words are moving and your little angel voice touches my heart! Love you, Mommy

If you wanted you could even journal on the other side. I think I will write the words to the song on the other side of mine. The words to the song are:

He was praying in the Garden
He was praying to His Father
Before they came and took him away
He said Father I must die by the death I caused
But I would go to the cross if you say
The price is right I must sacrifice my life
The price is right no price would be too high
I love him enough that nothing is too much
The price the price is right

The pictures of my daughter were taken May 17, 2009, before church. She was only 6 years old (3 months shy of being 7). I cannot believe I am just barely getting around to scrap booking these pictures...time flies by!

I used the My Pages Talk Voice Recorder to record my daughter singing a few lines of a song and attached it to the bottom of my layout. I am so happy I recorded her back then! What a great way to help bring the layout to life. The layout pictured below shows the recorder attached. To hear my daughter sing this song click here.

This is the layout for my scrapbook workshop on Saturday, February 19 from 8 am to Noon. The cost is $11 and must be pre-paid by February 10 (when I will place my order). If I have enough people interested I will also have a workshop the Friday before.

You will need to bring the following to the workshop:
Adhesive (of your choice)
Glue dots
Sissors
Needle (to sew with)
Pen to journal
Pictures (sizes 7 x 5, and two 5 x 3.5)

The following products were used to make this layout:
Paper:
Wings Level 2 Paper Packet - X7135B - $12.95

Accessories:
Wings Level 2 Assortment - Z13978 - $4.95
Mini-Medley Accents Black Collection - Z1393 - $4.95

Inks:
Black Stamp Pad - z2105 - $5.25
Topiary Stamp Pad - Z2155 - $5.25
Sweet Leaf Stamp Pad - Z2153 - $5.25
Vineyard Berry Stamp Pad - Z2157 - $5.25
Grey Wool Stamp Pad - Z2125 - $5.25
Staz On Ink - Z888 - $9.95

My Acrylic Stamp Sets:
Dreams Come True - D1470 - $22.95
Take a Picture - C1440 - $18.95

Extra:
Memory Protectors (50) - Z4115 - $22.95
My Pages Talk Voice Recorder - Z1132 - $11.95 (not included in the workshop)

If you are interested in attending this workshop send me an e-mail ASAP: Yvonne.Poulsen@hotmail.com. Remember you must pre-pay by February 10. If you do not want to attend the workshop but would still like to create one for yourself you can go to my web-site to order all of the supplies!

If you are not able to attend the workshop and have purchased the layout, you will need to make arrangements to come stamp your images and pick up your project.

NOTE: Make a comment on this post...AND follow this scrapbook blog...AND you will be entered into a drawing for a FREE card. Drawing to be held on February 10.

5 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

My goodness, this is a wonderful layout - the photos and this paper are perfect together. I am so touched by her song, as well. Nice.
Hugs!

Brandy Jo said...

Super Cute!

luv2offroad2 said...

So precious she is!! She's grown up so much these past few years.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout. Wish I lived near you I would be right there for the class.

Unknown said...

What an awesome layout and a precious capture of your daughter AND her singing! She'll treasure it forever!