Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dad U Inspire Me!

I entered this layout in a contest Close To My Heart had back in October 2007, at an Album Retreat in Park City, Utah.

I did not win 1st place, but I did get in the top 10!

You cannot see the journaling. It reads:

Dad,

I'll bet you never knew how much you inspired me through out the years! I've learned so much growing up with you as my dad. Although I don't do everything you do, I've always watched and learned from your example!

Your being frugal has shown me the importance of watching my pennies. I'm so proud you've never been in debt considering the state of our crazy world. I really do admire that about you!

You faithfully attended church every Sunday staying steadfast to the rod. Always teaching me how important Christ is in our lives. You truly have enriched my faith in Christ and in you.

You always promoted the importance of higher education, although you never obtained a college degree yourself. Your encouragement gave me the strength to obtain my bachelors degree.

No matter what you say, no matter what you do, I want you to know I'll always love you!

My greatest hope in life is that I can be as inspiring to my children as you have been to me!

No comments: