Saturday, August 15, 2015

It's better when you're laughing

I made this card for a friend who was in a bicycle accident. She was scheduled to ride 75 miles in the Wildflower Pedalfest Bike Race but was unable to due to an accident the night before.
 
I used the Hopscotch Paper Pack and the Circut Artistry Collection. 

 

I too was planning on riding 50 miles but due to a hamstring and Achilles tendon injury I could not ride. I still attended the race to watch my daughter and best friend ride. Both of them were cranky and in no mood to ride yet I wanted to ride and couldn't. Ugh... life sometimes is not fair.


I hung out with my dog Lily under a shade tree while looking through the new CTMH and Stamping Up Idea Books. I think Lily wanted to go for a walk but I couldn't do that either.... ugh!


My friend sent this picture of my daughter at the halfway stop. The birthday sign in the back was for the race. I think it was the 5th year that had the race... or something like that. My daughter's birthday is the next day so I'm hoping she looked at the birthday sign and treats and thought it was for her. HeeHee.

 


My daughter and BFF completed the race in no time at all. My BFF said they should have picked a different race with a longer distance. They had several race distances to pick and they did the 20 miles but should have road 35 miles instead. Twenty miles was too easy.


I was able to get my injured friend and I this Wildflower headband. It was given at the finish line.


I added this fun statement inside the card: It's better when you're laughing! I hope my other friend is back to laughing and biking soon.


Here is a picture of my injured friend in the ER. No broken bones just banged up pretty bad. She's a tough cookie so I know she will be back to herself soon.


Be sure to visit my web-site a shop for all your scrapbooking needs at www.yvonne.ctmh.com.

RECIPE;
Hopscotch Paper Pack (X7194B)
Cricut Artistry Collection (Z3167)
Gold Shimmer Trim (Z1985)
3-D Foam Tape




No comments: